Breaking Old Habits
No-one ever said this eating better thing was going to be easy. Breaking old habits can be a bit tricky. I will say though, this week I have cut back on my delicious beer by A LOT. Each beer contains 110 calories for every 12oz bottle; so I am glad to say, although not keeping track of my calories per say, I have saved myself several “empty calories.”
I began thinking while going through this week, and stumbling upon several “failures” that I should actually set a few goals. If I don’t set goals for myself, I will never know where I’m at in my journey to a healthier life style. If meeting the goals I set is visible, not only will I feel good, but motivation will begin to come easier….(I hope). Not only will having goals keep me better accountable, but having this blog has helped already in choices I’ve made over the past 4-days thus making it to the goal list!
- Exercise 3x/week for at least 30 minutes starting 4/5/16.
- Keep track of exercise on note pad and update to blog at least 1x/week
- Plan meals/prep meals every Thursday &/or Saturday while listening to music and with the assistance of my mini-mes beginning 4/7/16.
- Reduce beer consumption to 4-beers/week.
- Lose 15lbs by July 4th, 2016 (4lbs/month)
- Exercise 5x/week for at least 30 minutes by May 16th, 2016.
- Blog 2x/week regarding healthy living status by May 1, 2016.
- Participate in a 5k by the end of July 2016.
- Reduce beer consumption to 2x/week.
Having short term goals and long term goals is very important.
The long term goals are what I would like to ultimately achieve from changing my lifestyle to a healthier one. The short term goals are what is going to help me meet those long term goals. These goals are very attainable. I believe people try to set goals that are so out of reach, giving up is just easier. I refuse to give up this time; setting goals will set me up for SUCCESS, even if failing a few times happens first.
Being in the health field setting a good example is important, and yet has shown to be somewhat difficult for me. Let these blog entries be a reminder, that we are all human. We all make mistakes. If nobody failed, nobody would succeed.
Peace Out for now!
Be Good, Feel Good, Look Good!